Project Note – Sarai Reader 09 was a site specific project which intend to engage with the poetics of architectural space of Devi Art Foundation without physically occupying any space. The works made were exploration in thinking through drawing in different media focused on line. The engagement starts from line leaving the paper and enters space. Following points were the guides to navigate through different spaces and works made during the period of 3 months-
– Focus area to be existing structures (frames, shadows, existing works), corners, columns.
– Elements in the space to become active participants in the work.
– Understanding the lines of the space, the forms it creates, the illusion of angles and perspectives.
– Breaking the monotony of the straight line in the space.
– Drawing as a spatial exploration poised somewhere between installation and abstract line drawing.
– A line is a point taken for a walk
Following spaces were activated during 3 months project-
Medium – Fishnet Wire and Permanent Marker
Medium – Ink, Glue and human Hair
First Floor Passage
Medium – Insulation Tape on Floor
Ground Floor Gallery
Medium – Transparent Tape on Scaffolding and Wall
I’m waiting to hear your ideas for your next design project.
Let’s discuss further